A website is a very important brand identity tool for any business. If you wish to withstand the competitive market and aim to do well, a website becomes a crucial tool to reach out to the correct audience.
But the question puzzling your mind might be where to start from? Seeing a variety of choices available, choosing the best platform for your website is a complex decision.
As a professional web design and development company, we usually prefer and recommend building a website using the WordPress Content Management System for the following reasons:
- Matt Cutts, one of Google’s lead engineers, fully endorses WordPress – he is quoted as saying “WordPress is a great choice for SEO” – and has advocated using WORDPRESS in many of his seminars.
- WordPress is emerging as one of the most flexible and powerful open source Content Management Systems available. With websites like NASA finding the benefits of WordPress – https://blogs.nasa.gov/ (this is a WordPress site), there is no wonder that many other businesses are switching to WordPress due to its ease of use and Flexibility. WordPress can be used from the smallest 1-page landing page to a website with 100,000 pages – it’s that flexible!
- SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks you need to make, but there are many SEO benefits that WordPress provides for free. In fact, Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video:
- Content – it is easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML. Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
- Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
- Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
- Attractive themes to attract visitors and buyers —With the WordPress platform, you get thousands of free and premium themes and plugins to suit your business. These themes are attractive enough to catch the attention of visitors who are in need of products and services as yours. For the best experience, you can preview the design live before finally installing it. In addition, you can change the look and layout of a website at any time that is powered by this tool.
- Ease of customization — One reason why WordPress is an immensely popular platform is its easy customization feature. Whether it is SEO, content management or placing ads, users are able to manage everything easily with a few clicks. It also helps in search engine ranking.
- Built-in blogs — Humans, as well as search engines, love fresh and updated content. WordPress allows users to share their content with a built-in blog feature. If you have a business website, you can easily implement a blogging section to promote existing and new services.
- Flexibility and future-ready — Besides supporting blogging and online publishing it powers a wide range of sites with other purposes. You can use it for your fully functional eCommerce store, or to host a social network group or podcast. Whatever your requirement is, the core WP with its variety of basic and premium plugins offers full support with complete flexibility. Multiple themes and easy access to its source files make this platform adaptable to changing needs of the business.
- User-friendliness — No technical expertise is required to install and run a WordPress powered site. All you need is a domain name and a web hosting account to make it work. Either install it free via hosting provider or upload directly from WordPress.org. You also get access to an intuitive and easy to manage Admin dashboard that contains all features to customize the layout.
- Mobile responsiveness—Most WordPress themes are mobile responsive out of the box. Websites built using these themes adapt themselves according to mobile devices, desktops, tablets or any other viewing environment. This feature helps these sites to attain a better position in Google search results and target audience using a wide array of devices.
- Supports multiuser environment– Big businesses need a team for coding, back end support and content updates to their websites. Sometimes these corporations outsource WordPress development work to other companies. WordPress allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a website with different levels of access permissions out of the box.
- Supports multisite – WordPress version 3.00 and above allow users to create a network of websites using a single WordPress installation. This makes the setup and management of multiple websites easy as every site can be managed using a single Dashboard. Each website can have its own Admin that can manage most aspects of the individual site. The super Admin of the entire setup can manage all sites and make changes to the Admin level accounts.
There is no doubt in the robustness WordPress has to offer. Besides being a state-of-the-art, user-friendly and cost-effective content management system, this website creation tool has got a community of developers backing it to work seamlessly. If you are a startup or an established brick and mortar business looking to expand your revenue growth via eCommerce store, hiring professional WordPress design and development team may be a lucrative deal for you.
Is WordPress development worth it? What features according to you make it the most versatile content management system? Do you have questions about WordPress? Or are you having issues with your WordPress based website?
Please contact us today and we will be happy to help!